- 2 1/2 cups cubed smoked pumpkin (approx. 1-1.5 lbs baking pumpkin)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Med Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup half & half (or heavy cream, oat milk, almond milk)
- Smoke pumpkin 2 hours at 250 degrees F with chunks of hickory.
- After smoking let pumpkin cool. Remove skin and dice into smaller pieces.
- In a stock pot sauté onion until tender/translucent.
- Add garlic and let cook for about a minute or until fragrant.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and pumpkin. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 mins
- In a blender, process the soup in batches. Return purée to pot. On low, reduce the broth to reach a thicker consistency or add more vegetable broth to reach a thinner consistency. Stir in half/half.
- Turn off heat, or keep warm on low, and enjoy!